North Hill has introduced a number of new and redesigned amenities as a part of WellSpring Landing, including our 7,000 square foot plus Fitness Center. Enjoy the luxury of our indoor pool, exercise studios, and HUR* fitness technology, and keep your body strong and active with classes and personalized workouts. Classes and Equipment Make Your Workouts Productive:
- A Personal Training Suite
- 20+ Exercise Machines, Free Weights, And A Full Range Of Other Exercise Accessories Including HUR* (Pneumatic Air-Resistance Technology) Machines
- Over 15 Classes Per Week Ranging From Zumba To Strength Training To Yoga And Meditation
- A Beautifully Sunlit Fitness Studio With Mirrors And Ballet Barre
- A “Wii Suite” For Nintendo Wii Games, Home To Our 20+ Team Resident Bowling League
Fitness Specialists & Customized Programs Our Fitness Center is open seven days a week and is staffed by three fitness specialists with backgrounds in exercise physiology, personal training, and rehabilitative therapy. All our specialists have multiple, national certifications. These professionals take exercise and healthy living seriously, but they love to have fun with it too! Residents who prefer a personalized approach to exercise can work with a personal trainer, who take the time to get to know you and your unique fitness needs. That relationship building helps to customize workout programs to your goals and abilities. Programs can include:
- Tai Chi
- Aqua Fitness
- Pool Volleyball
- Stretch & Balance
- Cognitive Cardio
- Circuits and Core
- Brain and Body Fitness
- Personal Training
- And more…
Health Lecture Series Throughout the year, experts from the many esteemed medical facilities in metro-Boston area come to North Hill to give lectures and workshops on various health topics. These are open to the public as well as residents. Please sign up for our email list to get first notice of upcoming events! Indoor Pool Our 7,000 sq. ft. pool has been beautifully-refinished and the area is now flooded with natural light. Open seven days a week with a licensed lifeguard on duty, you can choose from a variety of aquatics classes, aquatics personal training, or a simple open swim each week, including:
- Aqua Fitness: This class includes a 10-minute warm-up with stretching, a 20-minute cardiovascular water exercise segment and 15 minutes of toning & stretching with various pieces of exercise equipment.
- Pool Volleyball: Join us for 30 minutes of fun and laughs as we see how many volleys we can get over the net. All are welcome.
- Gentle Joints Program: 45 minute program developed specifically for people with arthritis. This water program has been documented to reduce arthritis pain and stiffness while keeping joints flexible and muscles strong. Exercising in our heated pool water provides gentle resistance to build muscle and strength.
- Gentle Water Exercises: 30-minute gentle pool class that incorporates guided water walking, along with exercises tailored to be easy on the bones and joints. This social and easy going class is great for everyone!
*Helsinki Unviersiry Research (HUR) equipment was designed especially for seniors who want to stay strong as they age. After an initial assessment of balance deficits, trainers can customize programs using the embedded software in the machines. Residents can then simply insert their smart-card when it’s time to work out. The unique air resistant technology eliminates pressure on joints and allows for smooth, uninterrupted movement in weight training. For more information concerning fitness at North Hill Retirement Community, or to schedule your own personalized tour of the campus, we invite you to contact us at 781-444-9910.