The Next Generation of Rehabilitation Services
Just 12 miles outside of Boston, Pines Edge is a state-of-the-art skilled nursing community based on an innovative “Small House” model, staffed by an experienced team who provide personalized, respectful, consistent care. Within this supportive environment Pines Edge can meet the varying needs of both long term care residents for whom Pines Edge is their home and those who come for short term rehabilitation or sub-acute services.
Why Choose Pines Edge Over Other Skilled Nursing Communities?
- “Small House” design featuring intimate, person-centered households, home and hearth, rather than the traditional cold, institutional hallways and sterile environments of the past
- The highest ratio of short term rehabilitation professionals to patients
- State-of-the-art equipment and rehab gym
- Compassionate and experienced therapists working seamlessly together
- Access to the area’s top specialists
- The nationally-recognized PurposeFULL Living philosophy, with unmatched opportunities to explore passions and interests
Short Term Rehabilitation
Looking to get back to life after knee or hip surgery? Recovering from a stroke or other illness? North Hill’s Pines Edge Health Center, provides the very best professionals and program for short-term rehabilitation:
Pines Edge fulfills North Hill’s promise to provide the most innovative health care services possible for long term care with a new neighborhood based on the “Small House” model. In each of our seven households you will find 10-12 private suites surrounding elegant and inviting common areas. These welcoming spaces foster warm, personal relationships among residents and the Care Partners who provide personalized, respectful and consistent care.
The households’ intentional design maximizes independence and choice while the medical team seamlessly coordinates the full range of health care services available to residents.
Among the skilled nursing services you will find at Pines Edge are:
- Skilled Nursing And Personal Care Provided 24/7, 365 Days A Year
- 72 Private Accommodations
- Medical Oversight By Experienced Physicians
- Restorative Nursing And Exercise Programs
- Physical, Occupational, And Speech Therapies
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Mental Health Services
- Pain Management, IV Therapy And Wound Care
- Specialty Services Including Audiology, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Vision Services
- Nutritional Services – Including Specialized Diet
Additional services and amenities available to long term care residents include:
- Pastoral Care And Religious Services
- PurposeFULL Living Opportunities for leisure and recreation, integrated with the entire North Hill campus calendar
- A Variety Of Dining Choices Prepared By Our Renowned Chefs With Fresh Local Ingredients
- Wi-Fi In All Areas – Stay Connected To Family, Friends And The Larger World
- Complimentary Cable TV And Phone Service
- A Beautiful, Secluded Campus Yet Very Convenient To I-95 And The Greater Boston Area
- Respite Services
The Benefits of Pines Edge
Pines Edge is Medicare certified with multiple additional insurances accepted. Our skilled nursing team has repeatedly earned a 100% Deficiency Free Rating from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Pines Edge households feature a design far different from the hospital model long associated with nursing home care. Residents enjoy individual households with private suites and welcoming shared common spaces. The “Small House” design offers benefits of both form and function.
Gone are the long corridors, shared bedrooms, and sterile environments that were the hallmark of the past generations of nursing homes and convalescent institutions. Instead, here at Pines Edge you’ll find small intimate settings, cozy fireplaces and welcoming kitchens, surrounded by private suites with private showers!
Beautiful, elegant spaces please the eye and brighten the spirit. Shared spaces become more inviting, promoting social interaction and whole-person wellness. And that is a tenet of North Hill’s PurposeFULL Living philosophy.
The Pines Edge mission is to enrich the lives of older adults by anticipating needs, respecting preferences, and providing an outstanding level of personalized and consistent care. The “Small House” design supports this by putting the primary focus on the needs, wants and wishes of our residents.
Thanks to the Small House model – whether for short term rehabilitative care or a longer term stay – Pines Edge residents are provided with superior nursing care, elegant dining, and opportunities to live lives of purpose. They develop meaningful relationships with each other and with our Care Partners in a small, home environment.
For more information concerning Pines Edge at North Hill Retirement Community, or to schedule your own personalized tour of the grounds, we invite you to contact us at 781-444-9910.